We respect the privacy rights of users and recognize the importance of protecting the information we collect. If you use the Doky Services as part of an entity or organization that has an agreement with Doky (like your employer or a university), the terms of that organization’s contract for the Doky Services may restrict our collection or use of your information more than what is described in this Policy.
We collect information you provide directly to us.
- For example, when you: register with Doky for an account; create or modify your profile and account; access and use our services; participate in any interactive features; participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event; make a purchase: request customer support; communicate with us directly or via third party social media sites.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include: name; username; e-mail address; picture; postal address; phone number; data storage preferences; employer’s name; job title; transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address); as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide.Please be aware that the information displayed on your Doky profile may reveal information that is not expressly stated – for example, if you choose to provide your picture, it may reveal your gender. We also store files or other information you submit (“Content”) in order to allow a better performance of Doky Services.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Doky Services.
When you access or use the Doky Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with Doky Services and may collect information about used applications and features, visited websites, sizes and names of files and folders you upload, download, share or access while using Doky Services, the Content you access and any actions related to your Content in Doky Services.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use Doky Services, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before Doky Services.
- Device Information: If you access Doky Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We do not ask for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time.
Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the Doky Services. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media service if you create or log into your online account through the service or otherwise provide us with access to information from the service. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media service is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by the social media service.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes:
- Providing, operating, maintaining and improving our service;
- Enabling you to access and use the Doky Services;
- Providing and delivering services and features you request, processing and completing transactions, along with sending you all related information and invoices;
- Responding to your comments, questions and requests, and providing customer service and support;
- Communicating with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and providing news or information about Doky and our selected partners;
- Processing and delivering contest entries and rewards;
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Doky Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Personalizing and improving Doky Services;
- Enabling you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate and;
- Investigating and preventing fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Doky Services, and other illegal activities;
If we need to use your information for any other purposes, we will notify you.
By accessing or using the Doky Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to proceed with their work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc.
- Business Account: If you are an individual Doky registered user and the domain of the primary e-mail address associated with your Doky account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a Doky business account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator, including your e-mail address.
- For Collaboration: We may share your information when you choose to use collaboration features in the Doky Services that support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, e-mail address, profile and account information (including your photo), and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties who may communicate with you (for example, by e-mail) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of Doky Services.
- For example, third parties invited to collaborate with you as “Editors” may also modify Content that you have shared with Doky’s collaboration features, upload documents and photos to Content you have shared, share such Content outside of the Doky Services, and provide other third parties with rights to view the Content you have shared.
- Third Party Applications: Doky lets users connect with third-party applications or services. If you choose to use any such third-party applications or services, we may share information about you including your username and any Content you choose to use in connection with those applications and services, and such third parties may contact you directly as necessary.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Doky Services, (d) to protect Doky, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in the prevention of death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Collaboration and Sharing Features
The Doky Services offer collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your Content.
As a function of the collaborative nature of the Doky Services and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with or with the public. You can choose to change your settings at any time for a file or folder through your account.
For more information about such collaboration and sharing features, we encourage you to review the information provided on doky.net.